Summer Boating Safety Tips
Summer Boating Safety TipsSummer Boating Safety Tips https://www.cmzlaw.net/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 CMZ Law Lufkin/Houston https://www.cmzlaw.net/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg
What are the top causes of boating accidents?
Boating is synonymous with summer. As the temperatures rise and kids get out of school, many families take to the waterways across Texas on their boats or other watercrafts. Recently, in Conroe, Texas, a 50-year-old man was killed after being thrown from a boat that crashed on Lake Conroe. The accident happened during the nighttime hours. Three other people were aboard the vessel when it crashed, throwing the accident victim off. It is believed he suffered
Causes of Boating Accidents
Boating accidents can occur for many reasons, with some of the top causes including:
- Operator inexperience: Operating a boat requires an understanding of the rules of boating and experience in the captain’s chair. Inexperienced boaters could make critical mistakes, like failing to follow waterway rules and speed limits, overcorrecting, and more.
- Boat malfunctions: Boats are comprised of numerous parts, the malfunction of any of which can result in serious injury to boat passengers. The makers of defective boats can be held accountable for injuries that result due to defects.
- Intoxication: It is illegal to operate a boat while under the influence of alcohol, but many people drink while boating regardless of the laws and dangers. Intoxicated boat operators may speed, miss obstacles, overcorrect, or otherwise cause accidents on the waterways.
Boating Safety Tips
Following some simple
- Watch the weather carefully and do not set out if storms are expected;
- Be sure you have adequate life vests aboard the boat;
- Never drink while operating a boat;
alertat all times;
- Inform family members or your local marina as to where you are heading, your contact information, and what communication equipment you have aboard your boat;
- Take a boating course so you are prepared;
- Consider having your boat inspected for free by the US Coast Guard.
Anyone injured in a boating accident that may have been caused by someone else’s negligence or a manufacturer defect should contact a personal injury lawyer right away.